Date of birth/age : NOV 11, 1972
Place of birth nation, state/province :HE WAS BORN IN AGEGE, A TOWN IN LAGOS STATE, SOUTH WESTERN NIGERIA
Party: ALL PROGRESSIVES CONGRESS (APC)
Occupation : LEGISLATOR
Profession: LEGAL PRACTICTIONER
Achievement: PREVIOUS ELECTED OFFICE: HON. MEMBER ( 5TH, 6TH AND 7TH ASSEMBLIES: 2003 – 2015), COUNCILLOR (1999-2003), PREVIOUS APPOINTMENTS: ZONAL CHAIRMAN, UNCP (ALAAGBA ZONE, AGEGE).
CONSTITUENCY: AGEGE I, LEGISLATIVE YEAR: 2015 – 2019 (THE 8TH LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY),
LEGISLATIVE YEAR: 2019 – 2023 (THE 9TH LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY).
Marital Status: MARRIED
Clan/tribe : YORUBA
He was born in Agege, a town in Lagos State, southwestern Nigeria.
He had his primary education at St Thomas Acquinas Pry School, Surulere, Lagos before he proceeded to Archbishop Agege Memorial Secondary school,Mushin, Ilasamaja, Lagos where he obtained the West Africa School Certificate
The 49-year-old lawmaker, who first represented his constituency on the platform of the Alliance for Democracy (AD) before it was transformed into the current All Progressives Congress (APC), had his primary education at St Thomas Aquinas Primary School, Surulere, Lagos. He later proceeded to the Archbishop Agege Memorial Secondary School, Mushin, Ilasamaja, Lagos, where he obtained his West Africa School Certificate.
He also attended the following universities:
1.Leadership Training, Cambridge University, UK
2. Certificate Course on Legislation, UK parliament
3 Nigerian Law School, (2007)
4. Bachelor of Law, Lagos State University (2006)
A 2006 Law graduate from the Lagos State University, Obasa’s entry into the political scene in 1999 as a councilor in Agege Local Government Area of Lagos State, brought out the visionary leadership quality in him, as well as his charitable spirit. These two traits endeared him to his constituents. The reward came when he presented himself to represent his constituency, Agege Constituency 1, in the Lagos State House of Assembly in 2003, as the constituents massively cast their votes for him. He did not disappoint his voters. His sterling performance in the business of law making is the only reason he has remained in the House since 2003. He became the Speaker of the Eighth Assembly on June 8, 2015 and was reelected by his colleagues to continue with his good works in the current Ninth Assembly.
Awards and Honours:
- Legislator of the Year, Podium Recognition Awards 2016 by Podium International, 10th Anniversary
2. Evergreen Lawmaker of the Year 2016 by APC Volunteers Lagos Award of Excellence
3. Omoluabi/Ambassador Ile Asofin Rere (OAIAR) by the Yoruba Community (Egbe Omo Oduduwa), Naples, Italy.
4. True Son of Islam Award 2016 by CITINET international
5. Best House of Assembly Speaker 2016 by Global Excellence
6. Speaker of the Year 2016 by City People Magazine
7. Outstanding Leaders Award by Christian Coalition Against Corruption
8. Award of Landmark for Community Support Initiative by Orchard Media
9. Man of the Year Award by Agege Awards Organisation
10. Mentorship/Leadership Award by R&A City Hotel, Ikeja Committee of Friends
11. Certificate of Excellence by the State of Georgia, USA
1.Ebomele Eromsele(2017).Meet Obasa, The New Lagos State Speaker. The News.
2.Ademola Jamiu(2017).The Rise and Rise Of The New Lagos Speaker
3.Obasa Mudashir (2017). Why I want to come back to House for the fourth time.Enconium.
4.Wilfred Eya (2020).From LG Councilor to State Assembly Speaker.The Sun”Voice of The Nation