Available public records indicate that the former Edo governor lied as the Economic Management Team of the Buhari administration headed by the VP in the first term had been dissolved since September 16, 2019.
The EMT was set up in 2016 by the President to coordinate the Federal Government’s economic policies with the VP as the chair before it was dissolved. The team was dissolved in 2019 and replaced with the Presidential Economic Advisory Council (PEAC)with Dr Doyin Salami as the chairman.
Below is the full membership of the PEAC, according to a statement by the presidential spokesperson Femi Adesina, President Buhari appointed the following experts:
1. Prof. Doyin Salami – Chairman
2. Dr Mohammed Sagagi – Vice-Chairman
3. Prof. Ode Ojowu – Member
4. Dr Shehu Yahaya – Member
5. Dr Iyabo Masha – Member
6. Prof. Chukwuma Soludo – Member
7. Mr Bismark Rewane – Member
8. Dr Mohammed Adaya Salisu – Secretary (Senior Special Assistant to the President, Development Policy)
The statement by Mr Adesina added, “This advisory council will replace the current Economic Management Team (EMT) and will be reporting directly to the President.